Citations can be tracked through the following databases:
- Includes journal articles in medicine, science, social sciences, and arts & humanities.
- Search for a particular work, then click the number under Cited by. Or, search for a particular author, select the correct author, and click the number under Cited by for each article.
Google Scholar (free)
- Includes multi-disciplinary journal articles, conference proceedings, and books.
- Search for a particular work, then click on Cited by (number).
Web of Knowledge (Emory subscription)
- Includes journal articles (in Science Citation Index, Social Science Citation Index, and Arts & Humanities Index databases), conference proceedings (in Conference Proceedings Citation Index), and books (in Book Citation Index database).
- Use Cited Reference Search to see how many times a particular work or author has been cited.
- Or, search for a particular work, then click on the number that follows Times Cited.
- Create a Citation Alert to be notified of when a particular work is cited.
EBSCOhost Databases (Emory subscription)
- The following EBSCOhost databases allow citation tracking: Academic Search Complete (multi-disciplinary); America: History & Life; Business Source Complete; CINAHL (nursing & allied health); Communication & Mass Media Complete; EconLit; Environment Complete; GreenFILE (environmental studies); Historical Abstracts; Hospitality & Tourism; Humanities International; Information Science & Technology Abstracts; LBGT Life with Full Text; Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts; Literary Reference Center; Music Index; Political Science Complete; PsycARTICLES & PsycINFO; SocINDEX with Full Text; World History Collection.
- Click on Cited References at top of page (sometimes found under More tab). Search for a particular author or work. Select works, then click Find Citing Articles.
ScienceDirect (Emory subscription)
- Includes journal articles in medicine, science, some social sciences, and some humanities.
- Search for a particular article, then click on Cited by in Scopus (number).
JSTOR (Emory subscription)
- Includes journal articles in the arts, humanities, social sciences, and sciences.
- Search for a particular author or work. Click (number) Items Citing This Item to see citing works within the JSTOR database, or click Items Citing This Item to see citing works in Google Scholar.