is Emory's main search tool to find books, journals, videos, government documents, microfilm collections and other materials at the Emory libraries, which include Woodruff, Pitts Theology, Health Sciences Center, McMillan Law, Guy Chemistry, Math & Science Center and, Oxford libraries.
Using discoverE to find books:
From the Catalog tab in discoverE do a simple search:
- Type in your keywords
- When you get some results, use "Refine My Results" on the left to narrow your search by author, item type, date and more
* Too many search results?
- Add additional terms to your search
- Limit your search by item type, exact phrase, and/or author/title/subject using discoverE's drop-down menus
- Use discoverE's "Refine My Results" feature (in the left column)
* Too few results?
- Remove some terms from your search
- Add synonyms using OR [in upper case] with parentheses - for example (women OR woman OR female)
- Remember to use links in useful titles to locate other materials by the same author or on the same subject. Click on "Details" for individual titles to find subject headings.
* Off-topic results?
You can also do an Advanced Search in discoverE which will allow you to search by title, author, etc as well as limit by format or language.
Consult the discoverE help page for further tips. Includes videos.