You will use the Rubric Evaluation Worksheet to complete the peer review process.
Complete a Worksheet for each paper you are given to review.
Rubric criteria and standards used for evaluating a paper are found under the tab "Rubrics" in this Research Guide.
Papers for you to review will be emailed on Wednesday, March 18.
- Read through and become familiar with the evaluation rubrics.
- Carefully and critically read the entire paper you have been given to review.
- Using the Rubric Evaluation Worksheet, determine the standard of evidence the author meets in each of the categories.
- Provide written comments for the author in questions # 3-7.
Your answers and written comments should be thorough and unbiased.
Confidentiality and courtesy are expected. The process is intended to be supportive and helpful to your colleagues.
- Please DESTROY COPIES of the papers you have been given for review.
- Complete and submit Rubric Evaluation Worksheets no later than Thursday, March 26.
- Rubric Evaluation Worksheets will be returned to authors for revising the final copy of papers on Friday, March 27.
- Submit your final paper no later than Monday, April 6.
- Submit your paper to me electronically at chris.doty at emory.edu
- Submit a copy to your advisor