I. Library refresher (discoverE, Worldcat, ILL, etc.) - Share your tips
II. Database review
· e.g. newspaper databases for consulting exhibition reviews
III. Quick discussion on search as exploration – time permitting
IV Create a search strategy for an aspect of your research
1.Write your initial research question in the space below and circle or underline the keywords or keyword phrases.
2. Write a separate keyword or keyword phrase in each box. Add alternative keywords or keyword phrases (think synonyms) for each of them.
3. List below the subject disciplines professionals who publish articles about your topic are likely to come from. For example: Art History, Classics, History (Modern, World, Medieval Ancient), Anthropology, Area Studies, Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
4. List several subject databases you can use to search for information about your research question(s)
5. Time permitting, search databases above, using the keywords you have listed.