Welcome to Emory University!
The Library wants to help you with the following goals, set by the UNCF/Mellon Summer Institute:
- Provide support in the completion of a prospectus.
- Sharpen research and writing skills.
Library Session for UNCF/Mellon Fellows, Monday, June 4th, from 1:15-4pm
1:15-1:45 (Approx. 30 min.) electronic classroom 312
- Welcome students to the library, Erica Bruchko
- Overview of Access Services (circulation and ILL) and hand-out library cards, Jessica Perlove
- Zotero Demo, Erin Mooney
1:45-2:45 (Approx. 60 min.)
- Separate into Classrooms by Discipline (Subject Liaisons)
- Break the ice: students talk briefly about their topics and what they hope to learn during the session
- Overview of Library’s web page (http://web.library.emory.edu/)
- Library Guides
- Overview of Library Catalog, discoverE
- Overview of Databases, Databases@Emory, Worldcat
- Find a Citation, HANDS-ON exercise
- Discuss Subject Liaisons/ Library Office Hours
- Bathroom Break/ Student mingling
2:45-3:30 (Approx. 45 min.) Library Tour (Subject Liaisons)
- Level 1 (room 106 & 107) – group study rooms that will be used as office hours through-out the summer.
- Level 2 (LSD)
- Level 2 (Data Center, Rob O’Reilly)
- Candler Reading Room
- Music and Media Library (Joyce Clinkscales)
- Mention Health Sciences, Law and Theology Libraries
3:30-4:00 (30 min.) MARBL Show-n-tell (Elizabeth Chase and Randall Burkett)
BlackBoard and Library Research
You can also access library resources through BlackBoard's "Library Research and Resources" tab.
Emory Walking Tour
Erica Bruchko, Humanities Librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Elizabeth Chase, MARBL (email@example.com)
Jennifer Elder, Social Sciences Librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Donna Hudson, Science Librarian (email@example.com)
Chris Palazzolo, Social Sciences Librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jessica Perlove, Library Accounts (email@example.com)
Erin Mooney, Instruction Librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Alain St. Pierre, Humanities Librarian (email@example.com)